Good news for site, bad news for Hawk and Kitsune.

Jousteh
    BS Admin

Number of posts : 842
    BSP :
    15 / 10015 / 100

Registration date : 2008-12-07

Good news for site, bad news for Hawk and Kitsune.

Post by Jousteh on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:44 am

To Hawk: Sorry but you are the one of mods who makes the most ''shit''. I'll take off your powers for some time because you are taking modding BS way TOO MUCH SERIOUSLY. Don't argue just because someone calls you a ''Faggot'' or something like that. This is just internet, so if someone says such a small shit word, doesn't mean he really means it. So just ignore it or answer him back with ''I love you too'' or something like that isn't offensive. This shouldn't cause flame and arguing wars, I suppose. I hope you won't leave BS just because I de-modded you.
    As for Kitsune, I de-vipped you. So noone would feel ''cooler''.

News on the site:
    • Hit counter on the main/home page

• Pop-up windows on frontpage animations.

Last edited by Jousteh on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Majoh
    BSA Member

Number of posts : 318
    BSP :
    0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-12-09

Re: Good news for site, bad news for Hawk and Kitsune.

Post by Majoh on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:19 am

Zawmbee:
    Shut up, fawk.
    Joust decisions, fag. I was a BSA in the original and old BS, >:C.
    Go suck dick somewhere else.

Hawks response:
    Don't cause any fights around here,
    Zawmbee, this is not SP, here mods actually do something about flamers.
    Take crits or go back to SP where you can repell them like bullets.

Zawmbee:
    Haha, you're such a fag,
    you should have been there at old BS, i would have raped the living life out of you fag,
    I'm immune to your shit. END, nigger

Hawks response:
    Exactly what you heard,
    what you did those two posts there is called flaming, but I guess you never heard of it since it's ignored at SP.
    Now get back on topic.

Zawmbee:
    You really do fucking suck,
    i've been on forums you dick,
    just because you fucking suck on SPP doesn't mean that you can boss me around here, dick bag.
    Go suck dick and die.

In my opinion, hawk did nothing wrong (my opinions are not based only on this conversation). He gets shit from everyone,
    over at SPP mostly. People there hate him just because the "bad boys" of the main chat hates him since he is against drugs.
    Jousteh
    BS Admin

BSP :
    15 / 10015 / 100

Post by Jousteh on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:21 am

Maybe I acted a bit too much spontain but still everyone was sending me PM's about Hawk getting too much serious about the modding and I (and others) got sick of arguing and flaming between Hawk and Kitsune.

Flood
    HOLY SHIT!

Number of posts : 611
    BSP :
    0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-12-29

Post by Flood on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:03 am

I honestly think Hawk was a damn good mod.
    But he can get a bit power-crazy.
    If you haven't given him it yet, give him a warning instead. :/
    XeKia
    HOLY SHIT!

Number of posts : 1128
    BSP :
    1 / 1001 / 100

Post by XeKia on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:08 pm

He has given Hawk a warning before, it was maybe 2 weeks into the sites re-creation. Kitzune was mad at Hawk and blah blah blah.

EDIT: Also, I can understand -Hawk- taking all this shit can get to him. But telling everyone stuff like

"Get back on topic or leave"
    "Go back to SPP where all the other flamers are"
    "Help the man or leave the thread."

I mean cmon... Forum - fun = no fun at all...
    I understand we need rules and stuff.. but where a small community with maybe 45 people (like 20 active). I don't think a slight bending of the rules (Threads about computer hardware/ "I love my computer <3 *Gives answer to thread*") will bring about the end of the forum as we know it.

I don't have anything personal against -Hawk- but for the love of god. Lighten up.
    Jousteh
    BS Admin

BSP :
    15 / 10015 / 100

Post by Jousteh on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:53 pm

I gave him a warning like 2 or 3 weeks ago, as XeKia said.

Also, I really appreciate the work Hawk did and I know that he was a good mod but still he shouldn't take this too seriously.
    I'll still re-mod him in few days so don't worry about it, I just think that guy needs some rest for few days away from BS because it's probably hard to chat/post and it ruins mood if some fags are picking on you (This sounded stupid but I had the same situation when I was in his age but the difference is that I acted like a fag though Hawk haven't done anything wrong.).

Advice to Hawk: If someone on BS picks on you or something then don't answer back so it wouldn't cause any useless wars, just tell me and I'll deal with them.

-Hawk-
    BS Admin

Number of posts : 1534
    BSP :
    10 / 10010 / 100

Post by -Hawk- on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:16 pm

I disappointed everyone I suppose... even myself (and I don't mean the member, not at all)...

My opinion on the problem... you took my arguments with Kitsune too serious. Wasn't like I banned him or something... just sent him a warning to make him cool down and XeKia too cause they were ranting and I was afraid other ppl would go nuts too.

Wow, I'm a "holy shit" now.

Majoh wrote:In my opinion, hawk did nothing wrong (my opinions are not based only on this conversation). He gets shit from everyone,
    over at SPP mostly. People there hate him just because the "bad boys" of the main chat hates him since he is against drugs.

Yes, I argued with StickPagians mostly, they are the most disrespectful and "badass" in internet culture.

Jousteh wrote:Maybe I acted a bit too much spontain but still everyone was sending me PM's about Hawk getting too much serious about the modding and I (and others) got sick of arguing and flaming between Hawk and Kitsune.

Let's put our moderating team in the position of a state's leaders. IF the community wants them down, they WILL go down. People wanted me down, I went down, sorry Majoh. I hope as time passes the community will want me back.

GSP wrote:I honestly think Hawk was a damn good mod.
    But he can get a bit power-crazy.
    If you haven't given him it yet, give him a warning instead. :/

Power-crazy is much too less said, telling everyone everywhere to stay on topic and acting like off-topic is pure breed spam is overdone in my opinion too. I need a chill pill and more rest and hopefully I'll be able to lose hysteria. Power-crazyness was also caused by my bad relationships to certain members and my animal/human instincts to harm them which I will make sure will disappear before I return, if I do.

XeKia wrote:He has given Hawk a warning before, it was maybe 2 weeks into the sites re-creation. Kitzune was mad at Hawk and blah blah blah.

EDIT: Also, I can understand -Hawk- taking all this shit can get to him. But telling everyone stuff like

I mean cmon... Forum - fun = no fun at all...
    I understand we need rules and stuff.. but where a small community with maybe 45 people (like 20 active). I don't think a slight bending of the rules (Threads about computer hardware/ "I love my computer <3 *Gives answer to thread*") will bring about the end of the forum as we know it.

I don't have anything personal against -Hawk- but for the love of god. Lighten up.

True, first time I got a warning was actually the second week of my activity as a moderator here at BrokenSource.

"Help the man or leave the thread" didn't mean to be that serious. >_> Anyways... I still think in a help thread you should at least TRY to help, as everyone did and not reject the person in need of help with anger as you did. At least that's what it seemed to me.

Yes, I have been treating this forum much too seriously, as if I were a mod in some fancy literature forum in which university teachers discussed their creations. Actually, I act (or at least try to) very maturely in real life too when I'm in a serious mood.

Jousteh wrote:I just think that guy needs some rest for few days away from BS because it's probably hard to chat/post and it ruins mood if some fags are picking on you (This sounded stupid but I had the same situation when I was in his age but the difference is that I acted like a fag though Hawk haven't done anything wrong.).

Advice to Hawk: If someone on BS picks on you or something then don't answer back so it wouldn't cause any useless wars, just tell me and I'll deal with them.

Now I understand why certain moderators on other forums prefer to be stealthy and not get into chats with members or even get to know them.

You guys don't take this post so serious... like... I'm standing for myself or something, I'm just clearing up some things and placing some excuses to get rid of the hatin'.
    As a conclusion, when I get my mod powers back I will be posting much less (c'mon... what forum has a mod as main poster, that looks like sheed), I will be ignoring consecutive spam posting that doesn't last more than a page. I will not be applying any warnings for spamming and ranting unless that goes on for days. I will not be replying to anyone contesting my opinions in so-called "forum law" matters. I will not be replying to assholes flaming me and just ban them (yes, indeed) if they keep on going for more than a few days.

Jousteh, tell me if I'm wrong somewhere, I'll take crits from you.

Sorry, Kitsune for making you lose VIP but... yea... erm... honestly now, VIPs have to be somewhat of an example to the community I think. Any newb can come and say "o teh look, this guy's a VIP and he rants, I'll rant and be a VIP too", you know what I mean, you've been a noob too. When I first came to SP Main I tried to act like the people with most posts lol I know how it is, you get easily influenced and inspired to do certain things.

A reason for over-reacting... Hmm... maybe it's because I confuse days to hours sometimes since I refresh BS a lot so if someone flames in a few posts the same day I'll be taking it as he's been flaming the whole day ignoring the possible bad mood of that person which is wrong... everyone has bad days, even me and that's why I had that ban on SP a few weeks ago and went on an "off-topic killing spree" today resulting into losing mod powers.

Ho'dee that's a darn long speech I got there. Read it and cry or I ban you when I come back >=) (obviously joking)

Jousteh wrote:If someone on BS picks on you or something then don't answer back so it wouldn't cause any useless wars, just tell me and I'll deal with them.

My hero!!! <3 Seriously... if you can make people stop flaming me you gotta be something.

If any of you guys have anything to say to me, good or bad, helpful or not, say it here with the condition of not breaking the rules and flaming me cause THAT won't help neither me, nor you (nope... flaming is bad). If I ever get out of my bird brainz again when a moderator like I did today, though I hope and will put all effort into that not happening again, you guys just point it to Jousteh and if the situation gets nastier again, I'll personally ask him to ever de-mod me. I don't want anyone to leave the site because I'm being an asshole.

Last edited by -Hawk- on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    XeKia
    HOLY SHIT!

BSP :
    1 / 1001 / 100

Post by XeKia on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:48 pm

I read the first like 5 paragraphs then stopped. Too much.
    --

How is "I love my computer <3 /thread" a response of anger? Neutral
    tomocles
    BSA Member

Number of posts : 74
    BSP :
    0 / 1000 / 100

Post by tomocles on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:00 pm

lol, hawk, somtimes it is best to show your consent to stuff like this through a sentence or two and showing it, instead of a 7+ paragraph apology and response.
    -Hawk-
    BS Admin

BSP :
    10 / 10010 / 100

Post by -Hawk- on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:07 pm

Erm... yea... I took this too seriously as well, didn't I? Anyways, let my 30 minutes work not be wasted, chat to an ex and future mod lol XD
    Jousteh
    BS Admin

BSP :
    15 / 10015 / 100

Post by Jousteh on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:43 pm

Wow, Hawk, that's a lot and a great start to get back. Apologies to Kitsune and stuff.
    Good job.

Now comment the actual news! Happy or laughing

clips
    HOLY SHIT!

Number of posts : 670
    BSP :
    0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-12-10

Post by clips on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:46 pm

"XeKia"
    saying those things can just be pointless, you are taking your modding (wrong word?) too seriously
    THERES HARDLY ANYONE HERE
    going offtopic is just something that happens, we wont leave for something as small as that
    you have taken alot of crap quite well but then when xekia makes a thread about it, you lock it, i mean its only an opinion, and by locking it your power abusing to make yourself not look bad
    in the end for me, i think hawk should get his powers back, but not right now
    thats MY opinion, dont lock the thread jkjk

good day
    Kitsune
    Addicted to BS

Number of posts : 303
    BSP :
    0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-12-12

Post by Kitsune on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Well it was fun being red. I don't see it being such a big deal as you taking action towards it, but whatever.

I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings or anything. I wasn't really thinking me above anyone or anything from my redness. It's just how I act sometimes. And I rant? I thought they were just expressions of anger, which i thought was allowed... But hey. It's not my decision.

@hawk: Cool, yo.
    -Hawk-
    BS Admin

BSP :
    10 / 10010 / 100

Post by -Hawk- on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:22 pm

clips wrote:
    "XeKia"
    saying those things can just be pointless, you are taking your modding (wrong word?) too seriously
    THERES HARDLY ANYONE HERE
    going offtopic is just something that happens, we wont leave for something as small as that
    you have taken alot of crap quite well but then when xekia makes a thread about it, you lock it, i mean its only an opinion, and by locking it your power abusing to make yourself not look bad
    in the end for me, i think hawk should get his powers back, but not right now
    thats MY opinion, dont lock the thread jkjk

good day

O, yea... I locked that thread on the "don't make a thread about a conflict cause it will get worse" reason and basically making a thread about a conflict means it's something pretty darn serious and you don't want the participants in that conflict to think that because they might overreact, especially if they're 14 year old geeks that sleep 4 hours a night and dedicate their spare time to animating stickman gore and listening Slipknot you know? Razz So yea... if you disagree with a certain conflict and see it gets serious, *start whispering* be stealthy and just report it to a mod, even if a mod is already into that conflict. Your care for the forums keeping clean will be appreciated, I'm sure. Don't report for minor things though, only if it keeps on for a long time and contains flaming. Small disagreements and rant threads (in which everyone is being angry together) will never be considered rule breakers.

Kitsune wrote:Well it was fun being red. I don't see it being such a big deal as you taking action towards it, but whatever.

I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings or anything. I wasn't really thinking me above anyone or anything from my redness. It's just how I act sometimes. And I rant? I thought they were just expressions of anger, which i thought was allowed... But hey. It's not my decision.

@hawk: Cool, yo.

Yea, man you kinda ranted there... Well... I suppose it's easy to make a confusion between anger expressions and rants since they're kind of the same thing. I don't think we should rant much around here though cause it gets people angry and they might take it outside rant threads. But yea... ranting is allowed of course... it's just some sort of small conflict between you and "somebodyelsefromtherealworld".

And... I'm on chill pills so don't worry.

lol woot, another huge post =O my keyboard's on fiar
    Revenant
    Freshface

Number of posts : 6
    BSP :
    0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-01-16

Post by Revenant on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:20 am

Seriously, you guys made something small into a big problem. Hawk was just trying to enforce the rules because they were written to be obeyed. + Hawk's just trying to do his job, if he didn't people would say "Hawk's doing nothing, demod!". Seriously instead of De-modding Hawk why don't you just actually try to make them accept each other's fault and lay peace. >_>
    -Hawk-
    BS Admin

BSP :
    10 / 10010 / 100

Post by -Hawk- on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:33 am

1. Dude... look... I was power-abusive ok? You don't tell everyone to keep on topic like they're flaming an admin.
    2. My small conflict to Kitsune is over.
    3. That's not what matters, what matters is I was power abusive and took this too seriously like I'm on some mature science forum.
    4. I'll be a mod again anyway so don't worry. lol
    5. This gives me some time to write down certain things I should respect from now on.
    Myself
    Living in BS

Number of posts : 445
    BSP :
    0 / 1000 / 100

Post by Myself on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:15 am

LOL I'M THE ONLY VIP.

I AM THE VERY MOST IMPORTANTEST
    Chunkels
    Addicted to BS

Number of posts : 362
    BSP :
    15 / 10015 / 100

Post by Chunkels on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:46 am

i am the only mod

i am slightly less important.
    XeKia
    HOLY SHIT!

BSP :
    1 / 1001 / 100

Post by XeKia on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:23 am

Myself wrote:LOL I'M THE ONLY VIP.

I AM THE VERY MOST IMPORTANTEST

There shall be a 3rd. Someday.
    -Hawk-
    BS Admin

BSP :
    10 / 10010 / 100

Post by -Hawk- on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:43 am

In my opinion we need some VIPs that really deserve to be VIPs, else anyone could be a VIP and being a VIP would be no fun anymore. lol "VIP" overuse.
    Godmouth
    BSA Member

Number of posts : 469
    BSP :
    0 / 1000 / 100

Post by Godmouth on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:01 am

Hey, look! Some news! Like a hit counter! And a pop-up frontpage thing! Haha! Now I can go watch the anim Jousteh posted! And it's very good!
    XeKia
    HOLY SHIT!

BSP :
    1 / 1001 / 100

Post by XeKia on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:25 am

I'm ready to earn a higher position then user in this forum, I know it takes time Rawr lion .
    -Hawk-
    BS Admin

BSP :
    10 / 10010 / 100

Post by -Hawk- on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:29 am

It's good you know it takes time. Razz I had been trying to be a moderator on SP for over a year when I gave up trying lol

In other news, XeKia is attempting to become a VIPerator (haha, administRATOR, modERATOR, animATOR). You should consider it, Jousteh... maybe not so soon though?
    XeKia
    HOLY SHIT!

BSP :
    1 / 1001 / 100

Post by XeKia on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:34 am

it'd be awesome though, amiright. Smile
    -Hawk-
    BS Admin

BSP :
    10 / 10010 / 100

Post by -Hawk- on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:36 am

Yes... I guess it would, though you don't get any other privileges than the red name and the title I suppose... I don't know for sure though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:36 am